Flagstaff Theft Crime Attorney
Aggressive & Experienced Counsel for Property Crimes
Depending on the circumstances, theft crimes can be charged as either misdemeanors or felonies. This means that aspects of the case such as the value of the property taken, and the manner in which it was taken, will play a crucial role in the final sentencing. Having an aggressive advocate on your side can make all the difference in your case. At The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC, our determined Flagstaff theft crime attorney has the commitment necessary to fight for your rights.
The theft crimes we can help you address include:
In addition to facing possible jail time and court fees, a judge may also order you to pay restitution, which can seriously impede your ability to plan for the future. However, we can fight those restitution orders and reduce your possible financial exposure.
If you are facing charges for a theft crime, don't hesitate to contact us today to start your defense.
Defenses Against Theft Crimes
There are several aspects which the prosecution must prove in order to secure a conviction, such as:
- That the property was taken.
- The identity of the rightful property owner.
- The property value.
- The identity of the person who took the property.
- Asserting that the person who took the property had no legal right to it.
The prosecution is responsible for proving every one of these points, and if they are unsuccessful in doing so the defendant is unlikely to be convicted. Attorney Adam Zickerman, a former prosecutor, knows how the opposition thinks and has the skill to help represent you effectively.
Theft Classifications in Arizona
In Arizona, the classification of theft crimes depend on the circumstances that surround the crime as well as the dollar value of the items that were stolen. The possible classifications for theft include:
- Class 1 misdemeanor – theft of property or services that are valued at less than $1,000
- Class 6 felony – theft of property or services that are valued at least $1,000 but less than $2,000
- Class 5 felony – theft of property or services that are valued between $2,000 and $3,000
- Class 4 felony – theft of property or services that are valued between $3,000 and $4,000
- Class 3 felony - theft of property or services that are valued between $4,000 and $25,000
- Class 2 felony - theft of property or services that are valued at $25,000 or greater
If you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges for theft, it is important that you get defense as soon as possible to avoid serious penalties.
Don’t Delay – Call The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC Today
If you have been charged with a theft crime, you need to hire an attorney as soon as possible to begin your defense. By choosing our Flagstaff criminal defense attorney, you are getting a litigator known for his knowledge, skill, resources, and tenaciousness.
Facing charges for a theft crime? Get your initial consultation today by calling us at (928) 323-0910!