After an Arrest in Arizona
What to Do After Being Charged with a Crime in Flagstaff, AZ
You have seen the television shows, you have heard the speech: “You have the right to remain silent…” But the reality can be much more frightening when it is happening to you. After being arrested for any type of crime, what you do next can make a huge difference in how the entire situation unfolds. At The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC, our Flagstaff criminal defense attorney understands the criminal justice system and can help you to navigate it with deft skill.
I Was Arrested. Now What?
If you have been arrested, it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Regardless of the circumstance of your Flagstaff arrest, of your guilt or innocence, do not resist the arresting officer.
- Retain a skilled lawyer whom you can trust to act in your best interests, and heed their counsel.
- Your right to remain silent is one that you should exercise judiciously. Instead of risking incriminating yourself, allow an experienced attorney who understands the law speak on your behalf.
- Be polite and courteous to the arresting officer(s) and everyone else you come into contact with. Your behavior, as well as your words, may be used in a case against you.
- Take careful note of anyone who may have infringed upon your rights during or after your arrest and be sure to share this information with your attorney.
Hire a Flagstaff Criminal Defense Attorney Today
Our skilled legal team at The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC has everything you need to mount an effective defense for any of a number of criminal offenses. Attorney Adam Zickerman has had over a decade of experience in the legal field and has the determination and drive to represent you with tenacity and grace.
My family and I are grateful for his time and effort that he put forth towards my son's case.- Michelle K.
Would hire again if anything!- Bobby D.
It was a long (three years) and hard battle. However Gib and his staff never gave up.- Jay W.
He is very accessible to his clients, even during traditionally "off hours"- Rex S.
He’s not just the right choice - he’s the only choice.- Alexandria F.