Flagstaff Assault and Battery Lawyer
Fighting Assault & Battery Charges in Arizona
Facing charges of assault & battery can be a frightening experience. These charges can have a massive effect on the course of your life if you are convicted, but having the counsel of a knowledgeable Flagstaff criminal defense lawyer can make all the difference. At The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC, our team has a comprehensive understanding of the law’s complexities and is prepared to fight to defend your rights, both inside the courtroom and out. Regardless of your case’s size or scope, you need a legal team who can represent you fiercely.
Facing charges for assault or battery? Get skilled defense from The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC by contacting us today!
What Kinds of Charges am I Facing?
Assault charges are divided into two categories, simple and aggravated. Arizona defines “simple assault” as knowingly causing another person physical injury, or touching them in an attempt to insult, injure, or provoke. Charges can be elevated to aggravated assault if the crime meets any number of several criteria.
You may be facing aggravated assault charges if any of the following are true:
- Serious disfigurement or physical injuries were sustained.
- Restraints were used on the assault victim.
- A deadly weapon was used to threaten physical injury.
- A legal adult (aged 18 or older) committed assault on a child under the age of 15.
- The assault involved a firefighter, police officer, prosecutor, teacher, prison guard, or healthcare provider.
What is the Penalty for Assault in Arizona?
In Arizona, you can be charged with misdemeanor assault or aggravated assault depending on the circumstances of the case. The penalties for misdemeanor assault can include:
- Fines of up to $2,500 for a class 1 misdemeanor, $750 for a class 2 misdemeanor, and $500 for a class 3 misdemeanor
- Incarceration for six months for a class 1 misdemeanor, four months for a class 2 misdemeano, and 30 days for a class 3 misdemeanor
- Reimbursement of incarceration costs
- Community service
Call The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC to Represent You Today
The risk to your freedom and your rights is too great not to seek the counsel of our team. With hundreds of cases handled, we have the experience you need to address any number of challenges your case may present deftly to help you get through this arduous process. Our Flagstaff criminal defense attorney is eager to assist you!
There is no time to lose! Call The Zickerman Law Office, PLLC at (928) 323-0910 today to schedule your initial consultation.
My family and I are grateful for his time and effort that he put forth towards my son's case.- Michelle K.
Would hire again if anything!- Bobby D.
It was a long (three years) and hard battle. However Gib and his staff never gave up.- Jay W.
He is very accessible to his clients, even during traditionally "off hours"- Rex S.
He’s not just the right choice - he’s the only choice.- Alexandria F.